Sunday, March 17, 2019

Post Pi

My preservice elementary course this semester is an embedded field experience. Each week I write or find some lesson for the 3rd graders, and they teach in groups of 2 to 3 or 4 3rd graders, and then reteach in our next class period.  Each class I sit in with a group, and everyone has some time to assess and reflect themselves and the learners while I debrief with that group. Before the first time teaching, at least, we try to rehearse together. As a whole, this is how I want to teach teacher prep from here on out. We're getting to less content, but I see so much more learning.

This week I had a lesson planned for Thursday, Pi Day, that had nothing to do with π. It was on these terrific Naoki Inaba place value puzzles that Jenna Laib shared. But with Pi Day approaching, and #MTBOS talk of activities and Scrooges, how could I help but think of a lesson?

No comments:

Post a Comment